If we’re called to a life of sacrifice, what about the sermon? If sitting through the sermon at your own church is a sacrifice in its own right, you may think of leaving the church. I humbly suggest you work your way through these first…
9. Share witticisms with your immediate neighbour.
8. Spot the mistakes in the Powerpoint / noticesheet.
7. Read an unrelated bit of the Bible.
6. Plan what to have for lunch / tea.
5 . Count the bricks / floor tiles / beams.
4. Read the stuff in the pew… anything in church is holy, right?
3. Stare into space.
2. Twitter – social media. It’s social, at least.
1. Write a top ten of your own…