A number of rather good things are in the offing. I am quite excited about many of them, and thought rather than write individual posts to be published over the next few days I’d share them all in brief and save the detail for later.
- I am planning expeditions. The definition of the word implies purpose behind a journey, and I have a purpose. Next year I will be climbing some big hills with some or all of my household to see what the view is like from the top. Ordinance Survey maps are already in evidence, and it’s only a matter of time before I clear the dining table and start planning some serious travel with my sons.
- Witness the rebirth of Walsall Social Media Surgery. With the inspirational leadership of @danslee and @pigsonthewing #WalsallSMS is once again ready to trend. This could be a lot of fun. It’s on October 24th at Coffee Comforts in the evening (about 6:30pm. Please let me know if you’re interested at all.)
- I’m already booking venues for #alesbeersandcarols 2012. So far, The White Lion in Walsall and The Lazy Hill in Aldridge are both up for it. It’s such a great concept I’m thinking of asking at least two more pubs if they fancy a bit of beer drinking and carol singing. This is going to be a lot of fun.
- I have a new job, starting on Monday at half past nine I’ll be working through an agency for Walsall Council helping provide services to folks who live in the borough. Due to the sensitive nature of some of the stuff I’ll be dealing with, I’m not going to go into detail yet, but it’s a medium term role with opportunities for development in due course and rather than making money for The Man, I’ll be serving the community of Walsall, of which I have been a part for so many years.
- I just came home from a gig with the Grey Goose Blues Band and it was truly epic. I enjoyed playing with the guys and it’s great to be in such a well established and popular local band. Long may she fly.
- A few weeks since launching Grammar Ninja, there is still no great interest out there from potential customers, but since I now have a full time job I can spend some time honing the central principles and curriculum. This will be good for me as a trainer working out how and what to teach, but also as a businessman trying to establish my first real solo enterprise.
So, that’s a breakdown of the things which are currently so exciting I can’t sleep for them. If any of them take your fancy and you want to know more, please feel free to get in touch.