Lights, Cambelt, Retest

May 5, 2016

Snatching satisfaction from the jaws of expense, I have tonight worked my way through the five items on the failure list from this morning’s MOT and fixed four of them myself. I have used WD40, a flat bladed screwdriver, more WD40, a 20p coin (retaining pegs on the fascia), a soldering iron, and lashings of WD40.

The offside fog lamp now works. The intermittent headlamp fault is no longer intermittent or faulty. The nearside brake light has a brand new soldered lead which looks horrible on the inside but at least lights the lamp effectively. And the windscreen washers finally live up to their name with enthusiasm.

2454.dat Read the rest of this entry »


Tow Woe

August 9, 2014

Earlier this year I had to bid farewell to the lovely Peugeot 306 to which I had so successfully attached a towbar, and replaced it with a gifted Peugeot 806, which came without.

It was only a matter of time before I needed to fix up the new motor with a towbar of its own, and over the last couple of weeks I’ve been struggling with the very decent PF Jones kit I bought online to attach it to the frame of the car and make good. Read the rest of this entry »


Go-bar!

June 10, 2012

Yesterday I bemoaned the lack of instructions and bits to fit the second hand towbar I’d acquired from eBay. I was helped, I found the fitting instructions, and then I had to leave it while I went to Wales to play a gig. Read the rest of this entry »